- Wake County Bar Association
- Tenth Judical District Bar
- Member Resources
- Public Resources
The Badger-Iredell Foundation, Inc. was organized in 1973 under the auspices of the Wake County Bar Association as a tax exempt organization to receive and restore the historic law office of the prominent nineteenth century Raleigh attorneys, George E. Badger and James A. Iredell, Jr. The WCBA Foundation undertook successful efforts to acquire the Law Office itself, constructed around 1810, and move it to the grounds of Mordecai Historic Park, where it is today.
The Foundation conveyed the building itself to the City of Raleigh in 1983, and has loaned the furnishings to the City for interpretation of the Law Office. Some of the furnishings were owned by George E. Badger or James A. Iredell, Jr. themselves, enabling not only visiting lawyers but also school children and other visitors to Mordecai Historic Park to better appreciate those distinguished nineteenth century lawyers and the law practice of their times. The Law Office and its furnishings remain important reminders of the historic roots of the legal profession in Wake County and North Carolina.
If you would like to make a contribution to the Badger-Iredell Foundation to help defray the cost of the upkeep of these historic treasures please send a check to: Wake County Bar Association Foundation with the memo line clearly designated for the Badger-Iredell Foundation, Inc.
All contributions should be mailed to:
Badger-Iredell Foundation, Inc.
c/o Wake County Bar Association
PO Box 3686
Cary, NC 27519-3686